What You'll need:
- Cubed Steak (I used two)
- 1 pkg Saltine Crackers, crushed
- 1 cup flour
- Dash of pepper
- Dash of Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup buttermilk (or regular milk, but buttermilk is better I think)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups peanut oil
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper on both sides of your cubed steak. My husband told me to tenderize them, even though they may be flat because they increase in size when frying, apparently.
Me and my Dorky husband, Joe
2. In a bowl, combine crackers, flour, and both peppers. Mix.
3. In a bowl, whisk milk and eggs together.
4. Place salt and peppered steak in egg. Make sure to get both sides!
5. Placed egged steak in cracker mix, again, both sides. I grabbed a bit and placed on top, making sure it got a lot of the mix.
6. Place in ready to be fried oil. Let fry for about 5 minutes, flipping it, making sure both sides are browned.
7. Place on a plate with paper towels on it and pat it down.
8. Enjoy with some mashed potatoes, country gravy and some peaches for dessert!!