RSS

How to make Marshmallow Fondant

 Marshmallow Fondant
I typically don't like fondant, but not only is this one cheaper, but it's tastier!

 What you will need:
  • 1 bag mini marshmallow
  • 1 bag powdered suger
  • Crisco Shortening
  • 1 tbsp milk
  • 1 tbsp Vanilla


If you don't have a microwave (which I don't), melt your marshmallow in a pot with your milk and vanilla. If you do have a microwave, place in microwavable bowl and melt in 30 second increments and then stir it until melted.


 I mixed my powdered sugar to get rid of the lumps.



You're going to need to spread some Crisco on a counter or table and all over your hands.



 And put half of the powdered sugar on the Crisco-ed counter/table. (this pic was after I used the powdered sugar, but you get the point)
I mixed the other half of the bag in my mixer with the melted marshmallow to get a bit thicker. Once mixed, pour marshmallow on your powdered sugar. Mix in a knead until.....................


 It looks like this!


 I needed to dye my fondant so I use AmeriColor brand dye.


 I also use this flavored powder to add a bit more to it. and mix it all in!

TA DAAAA!

2 Lovely Thoughts:

Balance Éternellle Day Spa said...

Those r cute!!

Unknown said...

I've been thinking about giving making my own fondant a try, glad you have this hear. Will definitely give it a shot. I love that you make things like this from scratch!

http://pinchofthisthatandtheother.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Total Pageviews

Follow Me on Twitter!