RSS

Lasagna Cupcakes

Cupcakes are taking off. I've seen so many things in cupcake forms lately. Like in Tokyo, theres a 'red velvet' cupcake. Sounds normal, right? WRONG! The red in the cupcakes is from beets. Ick! Cinnamon buns can now come in cupcake form. And now, lasagna. 
This was really good, but really hard work! Like... it took a lloooonnng time to finish. Was it worth it in the end? meh... not really. I'm all about pretty, delicious and pretty easy and less time consuming to cook. 
Pretty, right? They were pretty tasty. But honestly, I think I could use this same recipe and just make it the old fashion way. This recipe was adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything
What you need: (Sorry, I don't have measurements)
Italian Sausage (I used Johnsonville Chicken Sausage, 3 cheese Italian Flavored)
Red pepper
Onion
Garlic
Lasagna noodles, cooked al dante
Ricotta Cheese
Parmesan Cheese
Mozzarella Cheese
(I added in some Fontina Cheese as well)
Italian spices (I.e. basil, oregano, etc)
Spaghetti sauce (I use Prego, my Favorite!)

What you need to do:
Start out by putting your sausage in a food processor.

Pulse until it looks like the above photo. The smaller, the better.

Next, pulse some pepper and onion. Garlic would be nice too, but I crushed mine with a knife so we have lots of big pieces! 

Saute it all together, fully cooking the sausage.




Spray your pans and warm your oven to 350 at this point, if you haven't already.

Take your lasagna noodle and put it on a hard surface, like a cutting board.

Grab a cup and cut little circles out.

Voila!


You may even have to pinch off a bit more if it doesn't fit right.

Place your lasagna circles in the tin.

Take a lasagna noodle and cut it in half, the long way. Wrap the noddle in the pan like so. It doesn't have to be perfect, the stuffing will hold it together later.


Mix your cheeses, making sure their creamy and well blended.

Add in your spices!

Now layer. Sauce first.

Meat/onion mix next.

Ricotta mix next.

More sauce.

Place shredded Mozzarella Cheese on top.

Bake for 15-20 minutes, allowing everything to get warm and melt. The edges should get a bit crispy, but don't leave it in more than that otherwise it will harden. 

Not so bad, just a lot of prep work. I hope you all enjoy!
Linky Parties:



FriDays Made Sweet

2 Lovely Thoughts:

Meghan said...

I have been wanting to try something like this! Now I will have to now that you have a step by step! I would love if you could come share at my new linky party FriDays Made Sweet! at CupcakesWithSprinkles.blogspot.com

Meghan said...

Your post was featured on FriDays Made Sweet! at CupcakesWithSprinkles.blogspot.com. Thanks so much for linking up and come grab a featured button!!

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Total Pageviews

Follow Me on Twitter!