RSS

Literally the Best Sugar Cookies in the World!

I didn't even attempt to mess with this recipe and make it my own. Sugar cookies and I have a love hate relationship; in that, I love to eat them, but they hate to come out right when I try to bake them. It's very sad. Until now, that is. I came across this recipe on allrecipes.com. It is awesome because most sugar cookie recipes call to be put in the fridge for an hour or more. Sometimes I'm lazy. I don't want to do all that. Well, this recipe is a little bit of labor, but it's so good, so it's worth it.
(I do not recommend these cookies for cut out cookies)

What you need:
2 3/4 cup all-purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1 1/4 cup Margarine
2 cups White Sugar
2 Eggs
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Additional white sugar for decoration

What you need to do:
Preheat oven to 350. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.

In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla.
Gradually stir in the dry ingredients until just blended. 
Roll the dough into walnut sized balls and roll the balls in remaining 1/4 cup of sugar. 
Place cookies 2 inches apart onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned at the edges. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

These cookies come out perfectly crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside. 
They do however, get harder. What I recommend for consistently chewy cookies if you're keeping them for more than a day is to put a slice of bread in a tightly fit container. The bread lets out moisture, so your cookies never get hard. Try it. It seriously works. 

Also, what I recommend, if you're like me, you'll eat the whole batch because they are so good, so do this: Bake a few, then on another parchment lined cookies sheet place the sugar coated raw cookie balls then freeze them. When you want more simply defrost them (it doesn't take long at all) then bake them like normal!
Enjoy!


file:///C:/Users/Alyssa/Downloads/pinterest-2a0be%20(1).html




3 Lovely Thoughts:

Heather said...

If you do need the best ever recipe for cut out cookies, I have it!! Actually, I have 2.=)
http://bellesbazaar-heather.blogspot.com/2011/10/super-soft-sugar-cookies-and-fhe-plan.html
and
http://bellesbazaar-heather.blogspot.com/2012/01/fat-friday-super-soft-sugar-cookies.html

Andi said...

Hi Love sugar cookies, and these look delicious but I have a sugar cookie recipe that I would like for you to try. Its called my favorite sugar cookie made with confectionary sugar! So come over get the recipe and try it. I got it from a old cookbook but the pioneer woman uses the same one. Its good melt in your mouth good. Andi The wednesday baker

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness - these look delicious. I am SUCH a sucker for a good sugar cookie recipe.

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Total Pageviews

Follow Me on Twitter!