RSS

Pumpkin Oatmeal

It's that time of season again, and it's my favorite time: Pumpkin time!
I try not to go too nuts on the pumpkin, but I can't help it. It's so good!


So far I've only made this and pumpkin granola, so it's okay. But I plan on making Pumpkin donuts, pumpkin spice latte, pumpkin bars, and of course a few pumpkin pies. This year I will be doing something different though. I'll be making a pumpkin cheesecake pie for Thanksgiving since we're visiting family and I'm sure everyone else will bring pie too. 

ANYWAYS, I've been trying to lose weight for a long time now. I've recently joined a gym though called Just Ladies Fitness and I'm loving it!
So, in addition, I've been trying to eat healthier. It's tough but I'm making do. So, for breakfast I've been trying to have more oatmeal and fruits instead of cereal, especially since it's getting cold out. 
Here's a delicious recipe for Pumpkin oatmeal.

What you need:
1/2 cup Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
1 cup Milk (Skim, soy, rice, 2%, whatever you choose)
1/4 cup canned Pumpkin Puree
Ground Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and Ginger
1/2 teaspoon Maple Syrup (or honey)
Brown sugar or walnuts or anything you want to top.

What you need to do:
Simple really: Boil the oats in milk, pumpkin, syrup and spices. You can even use pumpkin spices if you'd like. I put a few shakes of each spice into the oatmeal. Let sit until oats are soft.
Sprinkle with your topping.

That's it!
It's so simple and so delicious! My favorite part, besides the pumpkin, is that it doesn't have any preservative or processed junk or anything. I actually found a link to a few copy cat of those instant oatmeal packets. I will have to share. :)
Enjoy!


0 Lovely Thoughts:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Total Pageviews

Follow Me on Twitter!