RSS

Peanut Butter Granola Bar Cookies

Super (and by super, I mean SUPER) easy to make! Great alternative to plain ol' peanut butter cookies!



What you need:
1 box of white cake mix
1 stick of butter
2 eggs
4-6 sweet and salty peanut butter granola bars
1/2 cup peanut butter chips
1 1/2 tsp shortening

Preheat you oven to 350.
In a mixer, mix together cake mix, butter, and eggs until smooth.
Using a tsp or a cookie scoop, drop some 2 inches apart.
Bake 10-12 minutes.
Let cool for 10 minutes.
Move to a cookie rack and cool completely for 20 minutes.


Since I do not have a microwave, I used a small pot to melt my peanut butter chips on low. I added a tiny tsp of creamy peanut butter so it wouldn't burn and added the shortening. 

Grab your self a cup and put a zip lock baggy inside of it and wrap the edges around the lip of cup.
Like so.

Whether using microwave or stove, Pour in zip lock baggy. 
Cut a tiny hole on the corner and drizzle some melted peanut butter on the cookies.

Let dry. I placed them in the fridge for just 5 minutes.

Next time, I think I'm going to do some peanut butter drizzle and some chocolate drizzle to go with it!


7 Lovely Thoughts:

Lisa said...

I would never have thought to add granola bars into cookies. That is such a creative and delicious idea. Thanks for linking these up to Sweets for a Saturday.

Anonymous said...

I'll bet these are delicious. I love cookies that begin with a cake mix and I love the Sweet & Salty nut bars. Thanks for sharing on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

Kim

Katie @ This Chick Cooks said...

Those cookies look delicious and it is great that the recipe is so simple. I wanted to invite you to come over and share your recipe at These Chicks Cooked Recipe Spotlight today. Have a great day :)
Katie
Ps- I'm your newest follower!

Ambreen said...

Wow! Looks fantastic! Will save this recipe for future use. Thanks for sharing!

Simply Sweet 'n Savory

Kristin said...

YUMMY! these cookies are seriously giving me a hankerin'... :D

thanks so much for linking up to mangia mondays!

-kristin

ryobious said...

I love the idea of a cookie made from a cake mix!

http://pinchofthisthatandtheother.blogspot.com/2011/06/whisking-wednesdays-6.html

Melissa @ Cajun Sugar Pie said...

I love cake mix cookies, and these sound delicious! I'd love for you to share them at my summer dessert link party at Cajun Sugar Pie!

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Total Pageviews

Follow Me on Twitter!