This is supposed to be a copy cat of Olive Garden's Chicken and Gnocchi Soup and I got it from HERE. But, personally it tasted bland and I added a bit more to it and again, "made it my own", which I encourage all of you to do so as well! :)
What you need:
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 quart half and half
- 1/2 cup celery, finely diced
- 1 cup onion, finely diced
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 14 ounces can of chicken broth
- 1 cup carrots, finely shredded
- 1 cup chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1 package gnocchi, cooked (you can find these in gourmet/pasta section of the grocery store, or make these home made, which HERE is a recipe)
- 1 cup of spinach coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp Italian seasonings
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1 tbsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional, but from the reviews, a lot of people said it gave it a nice flavor.)
- 2 Boullian Cubes, Chicken Flavored.
What you need to do:
Cook gnocchi according to package directions.
Into the roux, add in the carrots and chicken. Once the mixture becomes thick, add the chicken broth. Once the mixture thickens again, add the cooked gnocchi, and seasonings; simmer until soup is heated through.
(I added just a pinch of Mozzarella/Provolone cheese)