What you need:
1 lb Ground beef or lamb, seasoned
Crumbled Feta Cheese
Olives, if you'd like... we hate them.
Diced Roma tomatoes
Squash Mix (Optional)
Click --> Tzatziki Sauce For the recipe I got
What you need to do:
Firstly, the beef. Start cooking it on a pan with a little olive oil. Add in whatever seasonings you'd like. I added salt, pepper, garlic, cumin, and thyme. Brown the beef and keep on low heat.
Secondly, mostly everything else. Chop up your spinach, olives, chives, tomatoes and onion. Set to the side.
You'll need to make the tzatziki sauce at some point as well.
Next, The pita shell. Place them, WHOLE, in the oven at 250-300 depending on how crunchy you want them and if you're going to make my squash mix. Check on them frequently. I like them a little crunchy, personally. Once you get them to the desired crunchiness, I like to cut them into small triangles, big enough to hold the meat and veggies. OOOOrrrrr.... You can place them in the grill. for a nice smoky taste to them :)
You're done unless you want the squash mix.
You'll need some Zucchini, Yellow Squash, Red Pepper, and Onion. This would be great to grill, but it's winter so I cooked them on a skillet, with just a pinch of olive oil. JUST A PINCH!
Dice them all to about bite size pieces. Once your oil is hot, add your veggies to the pan. From here you can choose to season them how ever you'd like. But I used salt, little bit of rosemary, thyme, cayenne pepper, chipotle seasonings and a little mrs. Dash.
You're done! Dish up!
- Garlic Knots (Garlic Lover's Version)
- Baked Egg Boats
- A Themed Baker's Sunday #21
- Menu Idea
- Cream Cheese Filled Snickerdoodles... Yum!
- Greek Nachos
- How to make Tzatziki sauce
- New Year - New Way of Life Part II
- A Themed Baker's Sunday #20
- New Year - New Way of Life
- A Themed Baker's Sunday #19
- Went thrifting...
- Crayons aren't just for kids!
- My Famous Beef Stew
- Chili's Honey Chipotle Quesadillas
- How to make Avocado Ranch
- Cinnamon Pizza
- Themed Bakers Sunday #18 and Top Ten Recipes from ...
- Cinnamon Pie
- Chicken and Gnocchi Soup
- How to Make Home Made Gnocchi
- ▼ January (22)