RSS

Chocolate Cheesecake Cups



What you need:
1 cup Heavy Cream
4 ounces Semi Sweet Chocolate, chopped
8 ounces Mascarpone Cheese
1/4 cup Sugar
3 large eggs
2 tsp Pure Vanilla
Dash of Salt
1 tbsp Dark Rum of Brandy (Optional)
Boiling Water
Whipped Cream

What to do:
Preheat oven to 350
In a medium saucepan, simmer cream. Add chopped chocolate to cream and melt.
Set aside and let cool.


In a large bowl, or mixer, whisk mascarpone and sugar together until smooth. In a separate bowl, crack open eggs and inspect to make sure no shells go in the mix. Add to Mascarpone and sugar mix. Add vanilla, salt, and rum, whisk until smooth. Once cooled, add chocolate and cream.
In 8 custard cups, ramekins or oven proof coffee cups, pour mix evenly. 
Place cups into a 9 by 13 pan and place pan into oven.

Gently pour boiling water into pan until it reaches halfway up the ramekins. Cover with aluminum.
Bake for 35 minutes until the tops look solid but still a bit jiggly when moved. Take cups out and let cool. 

When cooling, the cups will firm. When cups are cooled, place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours but preferably over night. 
Top each cup with whatever garnish you'd like, but I used a dollop of whipped cream.

Linked to:
Sweets for a Saturday

8 Lovely Thoughts:

Trisha said...

Alyssa, these chocolate cups looks divine. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier and inviting me to join this lovely event. I can't wait to see more of u'r blog.

Amanda- Eating in Winnipeg said...

I added you tot my blog hop list AND i linked up 2 cheese cakes :)

Becky McNeer said...

omg... these would go perfect with tonight's dinner. yum.

Kim McCallie said...

I love the way these look - so luscious! Thanks for sharing them on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

Anonymous said...

I love individual desserts-- and I LOVE this blog-- I've gotten so many ideas from your link parties- thank you! Linked up 2 cheesecake desserts this week- adding you to my favorites list on my blog :)

Unknown said...

I think I need some Chocolate right now...and I am pretty sure these will do! :)

Glad to see you here again!

annies home said...

these sound so yummy oh my we love cheesecake and these are chocolate and cheesecake wow so good come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

These look like they would be amazing. Delicious post. I'm following you btw. :-)

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Total Pageviews

Follow Me on Twitter!