RSS

How to Dry Basil / Homemade Pizza

I have my own garden and I planted some Garlic, Sweet Basil and some Peppers. I'll expand it one day, but this is my first time doing it, so I'm taking it slow I guess!
 This is how it looked when I first started!

  This is how the basil looks now.
It would have been bigger, but I live on a base and maintenance comes by and does our lawn and weed wacked my garden! I was SOOO angry! Anyways, it grew back.
I read that you should trim all the bigger leaves so the smaller leaves can grow even more.
As soon as you cut your leaves you can smell all that sweet fragrance!

 I didn't clip too many, just enough to clear out more room on my plant.

 I rinsed off the basil and clipped off the parts that were bad/ bugs ate some. 
Chop your basil. Place on aluminum and heat at 350 for 7-10 minutes.
My oven automatically turns off when the timer goes, so I left the basil in there until it cooled down.


Once cooled, finely crush basil even more and bag or bottle.  And Voila! 
Enjoy on some delicious pizza or pasta!

 Usually, I make my own everything, but I didn't want to, I was a bit lazy.

 I used all sorts of various herbs in my sauce: Oregano, Italian spices, Garlic and of course my basil.

 Heat your pizza at 400 degrees for 15 minutes

And it was DELICIOUS!

0 Lovely Thoughts:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Total Pageviews

Follow Me on Twitter!