RSS

Cinnamon Buns




What you need for the dough:
  • 1 cup warm milk
  • 2 eggs, room temperature
  • 1/3 cup margarine, melted
  • 4 1/2 cups bread flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons dry yeast
 What you need for the cinnamon mix:
  • 1 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/3 cup butter, softened
  •   1 tsp vanilla
What you need for the frosting:
  • I used my fav cream cheese recipe HERE. Only thing different I did was i cut the recipe in half and i added a bit more vanilla to make it a bit more runny.
Directions:
  1. Mix all of your bread ingredients together using an electric mixer, bread mixer, kitchen aid, Bosch, etc.
  2. Let rise in a warm place for about an hour.
  3. Meanwhile, Mix your cinnamon-sugar mix in a small bowl. Melt your butter and gradually add to cinnamon mix. 


     
             
      5. Once you bread is done, spread it out on a floured counter and flatten, making a rectangle with your    rolling pin so that it looks like so:

 
      6. Spread your cinnamon mix very well covering all the dough.

      7. Start rolling the longer side towards you.

      8. Once rolled cut 12 slices from your roll either by using a knife or a string.

      9. Place in well greased baking pan and bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes until golden. While cooking, start making your frosting.

 
 10. Once done, spread your cream cheese frosting over them while still hot.


10 Lovely Thoughts:

Martha said...

Those look delicious too!! Yumm!! I need to quit visiting your blog-it makes me hungry!!

Ellen said...

A wonderful recipe with a tutorial. Definitely marking this one! Thanks for visiting me at A Season for All Things. I'm your newest follower and look forward to more mouth-watering recipes! ~ Ellen

Unknown said...

I so want about 3 of these bad boys right NOW!

Thanks for linking up to "Made it on Monday"!

HaleyLeann said...

I have said on my blog before that cinnamon rolls are the ULTIMATE comfort food. So yummy! Thanks for linking up on Recipes I Can't Wait to Try!

Tiffanee said...

YUM!! I really want one right now. They look delicious!!

Kathryn said...

Thanks so much linking your delicious cinnamon buns recipe up at Muffin Monday. Hope to see you again this week!

Amanda- Eating in Winnipeg said...

Oh my gosh this looks wonderfully tasty! Thanks for linking up to Savory Sundays!!

Amanda- Eating in Winnipeg said...

(don't forget to link back to savory sunday)

Kim McCallie said...

This is one of my goals in life - to be able to make homemade cinnamon rolls. I wish I had one for breakfast right now. Thanks for linking up to A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

Allison @ Alli 'n Son said...

There is nothing better than a freshly baked cinnamon roll.

Thanks for linking up with Sweet Tooth Friday. I hope to see you again this week.

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Total Pageviews

Follow Me on Twitter!